- This event has passed.
The Power of Urban Farming – March
March 11 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm199$
Event – Urban Farming – Workshop Price $199/person with limited seating. Registration is limited to a total of 30 people. Also, there will be no walk in’s for this event only registered participants.
Attend this exciting workshop and learn about the AMAZING POWER of VERTICAL HYDROPONIC FARMING using the patented Tower Garden® technology! Grow FRESH LOCAL FOOD anywhere on Earth!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. | Registration: In front of the True Garden Retail Center
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. | Keynote Presentation: Troy Albright “Locally Grown Food – The New Food Revolution”
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | Farm Tour: Part 1 Tour of outdoor farm.
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. | Meet Farmer Susie: “A Day in the Life of an Urban Farmer”
- Noon – 1:30 p.m. | Hands on the Farm: “Harvest your lunch with the local experts”
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. | Running a Successful Urban Farm:: Troy Albright “ The Urban Farm, Keeping it Simple & the Top 10 Things You Need to Know!”
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. | Designing a Hydroponic Greenhouse:: Troy Albright “Learn everything you need for a high tech hydroponic greenhouse”
- 3:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Farm Tour:: Part 2 Detailed tour of a high tech greenhouse farm utilizing vertical aeroponic technology.
Troy Albright, True Garden founder, graduated from the University of Arizona in 1987 with a degree in Pharmacy. Troy founded RX Formulations in 2002, focusing on natural, bio-identical hormones for men and women, sterile IV admixture, pet compounding, topical creams and gels and consults, which has led to more of a holistic, integrative approach to health, nutrition and wellness. Troy was always aware that the miss-ing health link for most of his patients was the lack of fresh quality food in their daily diet. In 2013, Lisa and Troy Albright took matters into their own hands and founded True Garden. This first-of-its-kind facility, operated by solar power, was designed with a vision to drastically reduce the region’s agricultural water consumption while making local, living produce available year-round in the hot desert regions of Phoenix and the Southwest U.S.
Susie Cannon, True Garden’s manager, has had a passion for agriculture all her life. She worked in apple orchards and on farms since the age of 13. After several years, she was thrilled to find True Garden, a company dedicated to improving people’s health and well-being, utilizing a 100 percent recyclable, sustainable aeroponics system. Starting as a volunteer for True Garden, Susie quickly worked her way up to head grower and then manager of several employees. “I’m where I truly want to be: growing out-of-this-world food, and teaching and sharing my passion with others,” she said.